I’m using Fritzing (http://fritzing.org/home/) to create all my project.
Fritzing is the better product I’ve never used for electronic hobbyists. But sometimes some non commons components are missing. So I decided to create my owns. And hopefully my work can be useful for other.
Update: I created a custom page for parts I did for fritzing: all parts can be found and downloaded here: http://www.homautomation.org/fritzing-parts
Tutorial to create Fritzing parts
As a lot of tutorials exist for creating Fritzing part, I will only put here some links:
- Tutorial from Sparkfun: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/make-your-own-fritzing-parts This tutorial shows how to create parts with SVG editors.
- Tutorial by Bertrand LeRoy: http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/building-a-simple-fritzing-component This tutorial focuses on creating parts from a text editor.
Fritzing missing parts for my needs
The first component missing for me are
- Fritzing part for NRF24L01(2.4Gz RF)
- Fritzing part for BH1750 (Digital light sensor)
- Fritzing part for BMP085 (Barometric Pressure/Temperature/Altitude Sensor)
My Fritzing parts contribution
I hope that components I did can be helpful for someone else so I decided to publish my project on github. You can find my work here:
I hope I will add some other components soon… stay tuned